Monday, March 22, 2010

Good Day!

Today was a good day! When I arrived in the NICU, I noticed my baby looked different.... The C-Pap was gone! No mask over his face! He does still have a tube going to his nose that gives him oxygen, but again, it's more to remind him to breathe.


I had Tucker with me this afternoon. He did pretty well being quiet and coloring while we were there. Of course, he was a hit with all the nurses!
He drew a picture for Cooper while we were there.



The nurses put it in Cooper's bed for him to see.



Cooper was awake most of our visit this evening. He kept opening his eyes and trying to focus on us! It was awesome. I think he is much happier without the mask on. His breathing and heart rate seem to be more stable too because he isn't constantly pulling on it and causing it to get shifted.






Mark's mom sent Cooper some really cute clothes today (thanks, Nana and G-pa!). We took the Preemie onesie with us to see if it would "Fit"....ha!



Hopefully tomorrow we will have the results from his second brain scan. Fingers crossed that there is no bleeding on his brain!







Cooper and his "body pillow".


5 comments:

  1. HE looks amazing! I would never guess he was a 27 weeker - he looks more like my 30 week nephew! That is such a blessing!

    And, I think I am going to have to take some sleeping tips from him - he sure knows how to work that body pillow!

    -LCB

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, he looks so adorable cuddling that body pillow!!! And that preemie onesie, ahhh. I can't believe how big it is next to him.

    I'm soooo happy he is doing so amazingly well. He's a super hero for sure, mama.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That body pillow pic is adorable :) good to see him getting stronger daily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so cute! Especially the body pillow picture! I am so happy to hear that he is doing well and you are too. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to hear that Cooper is getting stronger everyday!!! He's a special little guy. It's good to see that he doesn't have to wear the mask anymore, it looked super uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete